PART#1.
Last week we were asked by our instructor to take part in a 2 part experiment. This was a very difficult and interesting experiment but fun at the same time. I tried communicating with my husband with only using my hands and body movements I couldn't use any verbal communications. we were watching television when I decided to use it for my part 1 experiment and I used my hands to express to my husband that I wanted him to change the channel to 434. The most difficult part in this experiment is he couldn't understand me to what I was expressing so I decided to use my fingers to tell him what channel I wanted him to change it too. This experiment I had last week it was very interesting to me because a lot of people cant talk and that's one of the ways they communicate is using hand and body movement. after the experiment I asked my husband what was it like to communicate with someone who cant talk he said he sure found it very hard. But if we were both able to use sign language than it would be much easier for both of us.
PART#2.
At the beginning of this experiment I had used my hands and head so I needed to start all over again. I had never really realized how much I use my hands, head and face expressions when I talk. When I started again the second time I lasted the 15 minutes. For this experiment I used my mom I decided to do this experiment at the mall which made it even more harder for me. When I was communicating with my mom it was very hard not being able to point at something instead I had to describe the object or place. I personally think that its very hard not being able to communicate without using face expressions, hand and head movements. I asked my mom how was it communicating with me and seeing me not using my hands at all she said it was weird because she is very used to seeing me using my hands while I talk. I never though how us humans use our body while communicating with others.
Good descriptions of your experiments, both from your perspective and from your partner's.
ReplyDeleteMissing some of the key questions from the guidelines? I suspect you wrote your results from the last week's experiment guidelines but didn't check in this week's folder for the post guidelines?